Today I woke up sluggish and not feeling well and a bit under the weather. But on the bright side these past few days sticking to a vegan diet has allowed me to lose 2 pounds of bloat and water weight..
But I was definitely feeling lazy, So first thing was first I made my self something to eat. (First thing to make a healthy lifestyle a success is to feed yourself! FOOD IS FUEL!)
I made the perfect brunch time smoothie… I tend to make a lot of smoothies, because I like fast and guilt free.
Brunch Time Smoothie
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 8 oz original almond milk
- 2 packets of truvia stevia
- ICE CUBES (depends on how cold you like it )
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp dry unsweetened coconut flakes
Place all of your ingredients into a blend and blend away! Pour into your favorite glass or Mason Jar and Enjoy with our book of the month: The Veganist By Kathy Freston…
- If you catch yourself sitting a lot and watching tv or movies, watch something inspiring that will perk your spirits and get you motivated
- Drink some Yerba Matte (green tea) It will give you a lil umph and help you burn calories while you are being lazy
- If you are still in bed, then do some stretches while watching your favorite show, or commit to a few crunches every time some one makes out or says a certain word. Make it fun!
- stock your freezer and pantry with ready to eat meals. (costco sells pre portioned brown rice that heats in 90 secs!)
- Keep a positive mind and remind yourself that sometimes your body needs a rest. Don’t make yourself feel bad or else your one lazy day will turn into throwing in the towel.
- applaud yourself when you make a choice that gets you closer to your goal even if it is small like not chowing down in front of the tv to avoid over eating.
- eat your meals slowly, not only will it help digestion, but your feeling lazy any way, right?
Click the photo below for another Lazy Girl Vegan Friendly Recipe!! Enjoy xo Dez O xo