I came across an amazing and simple recipe that would be a great pre workout or post morning workout meal.. I for one love pancakes and sometimes feel pretty guilty when I give in the indulgence and have them… Unless I am making them vegan… but that’s for a different post..
These pancakes are quick, easy and oh soooo yummy.
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup oats ( I blended them into a powder form using my coffee grinder, you can use a blender or food processor)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 flax egg (click flax egg for a link to a great flax egg recipe by blogger bonzai Aphrodite)
- 1/4 cup non fat greek yogurt or vegan yogurt of choice
- 2 tbs almond vanilla milk (or milk of choice)
Mix all of the dry ingredients first. then add in the egg, yogurt, and milk. preheat your pancake griddle on medium heat, and use your favorite non stick spray. Spoon batter onto griddle and wait about a minute before flipping them, top with your favorite fruit and syrup. I used an amazing ginger syrup from the ginger people, I purchased at whole foods.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did…..