I hate that I am a such a “snacky” person. I will be on point all day and then the kids get in bed and I get me time, and BAM. Snack attack! I become so hungry. I work so hard all day just to throw it all out the window with a fatty snack. Luckily I made a list of my top 5 snacks to satisfy the urge without letting out the bulge.
- Sliced cucumber and tomato with olive oil and feta cheese.- easy on the tummy but delightful on the pallet. Pretty simple recipe: literally cucumber, tomato, olive oil AND feta cheese. Choose 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber and 1/4 cup of feta and a few table spoons of olive oil. No need to make a HUGE salad. Portion size still count.
- 1/2 cup of edamame. Edamame, is pretty much soy beans. They look like green beans but have a very different taste. They are great and high in protein and very tasty, but adding salt and eating it to no ends at your local sushi bar is a no no. They can be like nuts and have a high calorie count.
- Apples and almond butter. I have already raved about the benefits of apples, but almond butter? This amazing and smooth buttery treat is actually heart healthy and sugar friendly. It helps maintain and even lower your blood sugar levels, it’s allergy friendly and a great alternative for the folk’s allergic to peanuts. And since this rich little nut is high in protein, fiber and monounsaturated fat they will help in cinching our waists!
- Plain fat free greek yogurt, fruit and agave nectar…I love greek yogurt because its higher in protein than regular yogurt, and a great source of calcium, and can really help when trying to lose weight!
- Bananas. First things first, it fights the blues!!! that’s right it helps fight depression. The tryptophan inside the banana turns into serotonin. And that is what makes us happy. It makes up for the calcium lost during urination, reduces stress and regulates blood sugar, which means no crazy PMS symptoms for us ladies. The list goes on, it helps reduce your chances of type 2 diabetes, helps strengthen that nervous symptom. Produces more white blood cells, high in iron which helps with anemia. And the B6 helps with weight loss.